REPORTS Week-Ending 10th December 2016

Jan 4 2017 5:13 PM


                                                            Sponsored by

                                           MICHELIN ATHLETIC CLUB

        SEASON 2016-17


Wakehurst our last team in the IFA Intermediate Cup were unfortunate not to take the game to extra time at Limavady United losing by the odd goal in three with the winner coming on the 90th minute.

With only four games planned across all four divisions the teams will have time to reflect and replenish their energies for the remainder of the Season.




                                                DESERTMARTIN               5              NEWTOWNE       0

What a game this was with the teams battling for openings during the first-half but no goals were scored. What change in the second half with Desertmartin scoring three goals in a six minute spell. First David Rowe picked his spot to score on the 50th minute followed by Darren Scott scoring on the 53rd minute and Lee Smyth the third on the 56th minute. Newtowne had to chase the game after this but Desertmartin were in no mood to slacken their hold in the game. Robin Patten made it four nil from the penalty spot on teh 75th minute and followed this converting a second penalty on the 88th minute.            Referee Mr. Adam McKnight

                                                BALLYNURE OB                1              BRANTWOOD      1

Both teams tended to cancel each other out in mid-field during the first-half resulting in no goals being scored at half-time. It was still very tight between the teams at the start of the second half then on the 65th minute Kevin Amuneke broke the deadlock in favour of Ballynure. Time was then running down with the single goals still separating the teams until Mark Rainey scored the equaliser for Brantwood on the 87thminute.

Referee Mr. Adrian Woodside

                                                GLEBE RANGERS              7              MAGHERAFELT SKY BLUES         1

 This was Glebe first league game since October 8th due to them having a great run in the different Cup Competitions. It took Glebe time to get into their stride for a good win over the Sky Blues who themselves have been showing goof form of late. Ricky Dunlop put Glebe in front on the 28th minute then goals scored by Dave Reid 32nd, Chad Dobbin 34th and Ian Christie 44th minutes saw Glebe four in front at half-time. Glebe extended their lead after Luke Mitchell converted a penalty on the 62nd minute followed by goals scored by Ricky Dunlop 75th and Jonny Spence 81st minutes. The Sky Blues kept going with Marty Kane scoring on the 83rd minute.  

Referee Mr. Gerard Murray


                                                                     CRAWFORD CUP 2nd ROUND

                                                SOFIS FARMER 3              WOODLANDS       0

Sofia who had more of the ball than Woodlands in the first-half were given a good test by Woodlands who held them to a single goal lead at Half-time.  Sofia upped the pace of the game in the second half going on to score two more goals which gives then an away tie against Newtowne in the next round.

Referee Miss Ruth Anne Wright

                                                RATHCOOLE FC               4              COOKSTOWN RBL          1

The game started off at a fast pace with both teams creating chances early on. None of the chances were taken except one which saw Rathcoole in front at half-time. Rathcoole went two nil in front before Danny Dowd pulled a goal back for RBL. After this Rathcoole controlled the play and scored two more goals without reply giving them a home tie against Newington YC Res in the next round.                Referee Mr. Ian Getty


                                                                IFA INTERMEDIATE CUP 2nd ROUND

                                LIMAVADY UNITED                          2              WAKEHURST          1

Wakehurst were very unfortunate not to take this game in o extra time as it was a last minute goal than won the game for Limavady. Wakehurst went in front after Stuart Nixon scored on the 20th minute and held this lead at half-time. Wakehurst still led until Limavady got the equaliser on the 68th minute. Both teams went for the winner after this with Limavady getting the all important third goal in the game on the 90th minute.






                                NEWINGTON YC RES                      7              FC WHITEABBEY              0

After a steady start by both teams Michael McArdle opened the scoring for Newington on the 20th minute. Dave Finlay scored number two for Newington on the 33rd minute and this score remained at half-time. Newington went four goals clear after Daniel Moore and Paul Hanvey scored on the 66th and 75th minutes. Time was then running down when Paul Hanvey scored on the 80th minute, Michael McArdle on the 85th minute and Dave Finlay on the 91st minute to complete the scoring.                          Referee Mr. Kenny Bigger

                                                BRANTWOOS RES           2              MALLUSK ATHLETIC                0

Brantwood got off to a quick start with Steven Bainbridge scoring on the 9th minute but surprisingly this was the only goal scored during the first-half. The second half saw a few chances created then on the 75th minute Stafford Ward scored for Brantwood that sealed the win.                Referee Mr. Rodney Campbell

                SPORT & LEISURE SWIFTS RES 3              DESERTMARTIN SWIFTS              3

The Sports took an early lead after Paul Ryan scored on the 9th minute and followed this by scoring his second goal on the 34th minute giving the Sports a two goal cushion at half-time. Desertmartin got back in the game after Solomon Lubwama scored on the 47th minute and got back level after Gareth McMenemy scored on the 57th minute. Gary Brown put Desertmartin in front on the 60th minute then Paul Ryan completed his hat-trick on the 62nd minute a scoreline that remained to the final whistle.          Referee Mr. Charlie Pollock




                                BALLYNURE OB ‘B’                         5              CASTLE STAR           2

Ballynure got back to winning ways in this result. Ryan Wallace scored on the 11th minute putting then Paul Garvey pout Castle back level after he scored on the 20th minute.  Ballynure were awarded a penalty on the on the 25th minute.  Mark Leckey saw his penalty kick saved by the keeper with the ball coming back to him and with him being impeded by a defender a second penalty was given which he converted. Mark Leckey converted another penalty kick on the 35thminute followed by Lloyd Watters scoring for the Castle on the 55th minute. Ballynure then went on to score two more goals through Matthew West on the 64th and 90th minutes.

Referee Mr. Russell Kennedy

                                                68th OB ‘A’                           3              COOKSTOWN RBL RES 2

This was a very close game with the odd goal in five deciding the outcome at the end. Goals scored by Dave Blair and Aaron Knell saw the 68th go two goals in front. Half-time was beckoning when Gareth Ramsey pulled a goal back for RBL. Gareth Ramsey scored his second goal to level the score which remained until RBL conceded an own goal on the 90th minute.                         Referee Mr. Brian Leitch

                                WAKEHURST STROLLERS           3              3rd BALLYCLARE OB       4

This was game with Ballyclare dominating for the first hour then Wakehurst having the better of the last thirty minutes. Ballyclare went in front after Steve Howe scored on teh 8th minute then doubled their lead when Marc Campbell scored on the 21st minute. Stevie Howe scored his second goal on the 47th minute followed by a fourth scored by Jason Norrell on the 60th minute. Przemek Nowak pulled a goal back for Wakehurst on the 80th minute followed by Steven Quigley scoring on the 84th minute and Charles Allen on the 92nd minute.

Referee Mr. Russell Wilson



                                WHITEHEAD RANGERS  5              ANTRIM ROVERS SWIFTS            1             

The Swifts went in front after scored on the 5thminute and looked to be in a good position to continue their good run. How things change as the Rangers hit back with goals scored by Stuart Thompson (2) and Jon Pawson to lead 3-1 at half-time. The Rangers were the sharper around goal in the second half scoring twice through Stuart Lyttle and Danny Hastings.    Referee Mr. Richard Stewart

                                BALLYCLARE NORTH END           4              SHORE ROAD YM             2

Shore Road went in front after James Moore scored on the 23rd minute then Anton McCudden equalised for North End on the 25th minute. Half-time was approaching when Shore Road went in front for a second time with William Morgan scoring on the 39th minute, The second half certainly belonged to North End and in particular to Eddie Kocherian who went on to complete a hat-trick with goals scored on teh 70th, 72nd and 85th minutes.

Referee Mr. Bert Purdy

                                BRANTWOOD-LOUGHSIDE          2              CARNLOUGH SWIFTS          1

This was a cracking game between two evenly matched teams and the odd goal in three deciding the outcome. Carnlough went in front after Henry Morgan scored on the 31st minute and held this lead at half-time. Brantwood got back on level terms after Callum Montgomery scored on the 60th minute. The teams then went for the winning goal which Brantwood got after Stewart Moore scored on the 81st minute.          

Referee Mr. Tommy Waide

                                1st CARRICKFERGUS OB                3              68th OB ‘B’           2

The 68th took the lead in this game after Rian Humphreys scored on the 20th minute then saw Philip Crozier scored the equaliser for Carrick on the 33rd minute. Half-time saw the teams on level terms then Wallace Nelson scored on the 51st minute putting Carrick in front which was extended after Philip Crozier scored his second goal in the game on the 68th minute. The 68th got a second goal with Aaron Kenna scoring on the 75th minute but try as they did they could not force the equaliser before the final whistle.              Referee Mr. Trevor Higgins


                                                                CANADA TROPHY 2nd ROUND

                                                MOUNTAINVIEW              2              ANTRIM ROVERS             8

Mountainview went in front after Jon Shiels scored on the 5th minute but then got hit with goals scored by Darren Adair 11th and 16th and Tommy Bownes sandwiched in between on the 13th minute. Mountainview got a second goal after Aston Neil scored on the 23rd minute then Antrim hit back with goals scored by Darren Adair completing his hat trick on the 26th minute and Jordan McKelvey scoring on the 36th minute. An own goal conceded by Mountainview on the 46th minute and goals scored by Adam Foster and Jonny Rogers on the 66th and 84th minutes completed the scoring.                         Referee Mr. Lee Patterson


                                                                MID-ULSTER SHIELD 4th ROUND

                                COOKSTOWN OLYMPIC               6              GREENFIELD PARK          2

Cookstown went two goals in front early in the game after Matty Hughes and James McGahan scored on the 10th and 19th minutes. Aidan Doyle then scored a brace of goals on the 30th and 47th minutes before the Park pulled a goal back. James McGahan scored his second goal on the 57th minute before the Park scored a second goal on the 60th minute. Matty Hughes then scores his second goal in the game on the 65th minute killing off any hopes the Park had of saving the game.   

                                                ROSTREVOR                      1              COOKSTOWN YOUTH        6         

This was another good win for the Youth who progress to the next round of the competition. Goals scored by Jonny O’Neil (2), Mark Larmour (2), Mark Megarry and Barry Kelly with one against saw them comfortably through.                            




FIXTURES Saturday 17th December 2016                                    Kick off 2.00pm



League Games


Desertmartin                       v              Ballynure OB                      @ Dromore Park. Desertmartin

Brantwood                             v              Coagh United                        @ Skegoneil Avenue. Belfast


Junior Division League Games


Cookstown Youth                v              Cookstown Olympic            @ 3g Pitch. MUSA. Cookstown




No games Scheduled




Carnlough Swifts                v              Antrim Rovers Swifts         @ Stoneyhill Park. Carnlough